|General Visa Information
Applicants are fully responsible for passports and any other documents sent by mail. This office assumes no responsibility for delayed, lost, or stolen items sent by mail at the applicant's request. If your application and necessary documents are sent by mail, a self-addressed & stamped Express or Priority (plus delivery confirmation) envelope is required. If other form of express mail service (FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.) is requested, a pre-typed airbill with sufficient postage or with an account number must be provided with the application. This office does not accept collect express mail service. The service area of this office includes: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
For more information, visit: http://www.boca.gov.tw/np.asp?ctNode=529&mp=2
The nationals who are eligible for visa exemption program, if their purpose for entering Taiwan is employment, contract fulfillment, artistic performance, internship, training or other activities requiring permissions by the competent authorities of the Republic of China (Taiwan), are eligible for visa-exempt entry with the following conditions:
- Written permissions by the competent authorities have been acquired before entry.
- The approved duration of the stay is within the visa exemption duration.
- The visitors hold a passport with validity of at least six months upon entry.
The nationals of the countries eligible for visa-exempt entry, requirements for visa-exempt entry and related information, visit: http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=536&mp=2.
14–day duration of stay: Brunei
30–day duration of stay: Turkey
|Passport holders of India, Thailand, Vietnam, and Indonesia|
Who may enjoy Visa-Exempt Entry?
Passport holders of India, Thailand, Viet Nam, Indonesia, who ALSO possess a valid visa or permanent residence certificate issued by U.S.A., Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand.
Travelers meeting the above qualifications and having NEVER been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers, have to first register information concerning their documents and personal data into the “Advance Online Registration System for the Visitors of Nationals from Five Southeast Asian Countries to Taiwan”. Please go to the website to register: https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase/
Upon completion, the printed confirmation is used to validate the traveler during the boarding and the immigration check. During the immigration check, travelers who CANNOT show a valid visa or permanent resident visa issued by one of the aforementioned developed countries will NOT be admitted into Taiwan.
- a passport with validity of at least six months upon entry .
• visa-exempt entry only applicable to formal passports, not including emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents..
- a confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- no criminal record or not listed by the local authorities.
Duration of stay: 30 days , The 30 days' duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Travelers must depart by the end of the said 30 days. Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas.
However, aliens entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may apply for a visitor visa within the visa-exemption period on the following conditions at the Bureau of Consular Affairs and branch offices of MOFA.
- in case of severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C.
- white-collar professionals obtaining the work permit within. the visa-exemption period, plus their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. together.
Ports of entry: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, Taipei Songshan Airport, Keelung Harbor, Taichung Airport, Taichung Harbor, Kaohsiung International Airport, Kaohsiung Harbor, Magong Airport, Taitung Airport, Hualien Airport, Hualien Harbor, Kinmen Airport, Shuitou Harbor and Fuao Harbor.