Research Grant for Foreign Scholar in Chinese Studies is now accepting applications
Research Grant for Foreign Scholar in Chinese Studies sponsored by the Center for Chinese Studies (CCS), has the following guidelines for your reference.
1. Deadline for applications is May 31 of each year.
2. On-line application: http://ccs.ncl.edu.tw/ccs2/ENGLISH/application.aspx
3. This program is designed for foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors and doctoral candidates in departments related to Chinese studies at foreign universities, as well as researchers at related foreign academic institutes. The content of the research, to be undertaken in Taiwan, should be within the field of Chinese studies.
4. Assistance provided by the CCS includes subsidies of research expenses, research materials service, liaison with universities and research institutions, and use of CCS facilities, etc.
5. Research tenure is three months to one year.
6. Applications should be submitted to the CCS by May 31 of each year before the year in which grants are intended to be used; notification of the CCS’s decision will be given by the end of August of the same year after a careful review. Applications should include the following documents:
7. Grantees are entitled to travel subsidies and research subsidies. Eligibility for travel subsidies is restricted to foreign scholars who currently reside abroad; those already in Taiwan are not eligible.
8. Subsidies available under the Research Grant Program are as follows:
9. Grantees must sign a contract with the CCS and observe the following regulations:
10. Grantees who fail to observe Article 8 will have their research subsidies terminated by the CCS.
11. Scholars who receive a grant under the Program must wait a minimum of three years after completion of their research projects before applying again.
12. Any additions to the above provisions will be handled by the CCS as authorized by the CCS Advisory Committee.
13. These provisions have been approved by the Ministry of Education. Any revisions hereto must be approved by the CCS Advisory Committee and reported to the Ministry before going into effect.
For more information please contact the Chinese Studies at the address below:
Liaison Division, Center for Chinese Studies, 20 Chungshan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10001, R.O.C.