The Department of Civil Engineering at National Taiwan University invites applications for the following full-time faculty positions:
1. one position in geotechnical engineering, applicants with good experiences in experimental soil mechanics or environmental geotechnics research are preferred,
2. two positions in transportation engineering, applicants with expertise and research interests in transportation planning, sustainable transportation, air transportation, or logistics management are preferred.
Starting date for these positions will be on August 1, 2011. Applicants should have a Ph.D. degree in civil engineering or related fields, and have demonstrated interests and expertise in inter-disciplinary research and undergraduate teaching.
Deadline for the application will be on December 31, 2010. Applicants should submit an application package to Dr. Liang-Jenq Leu, Professor and Chairman, Department of Civil Engineering, National Taiwan University, No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, 10617, Taiwan. The following items should be included in the package:
1. one cover letter,
2. a resume that states academic and working experiences, expertise, and possible courses offered,
3. one statement of research plans for the next five years (maximum 6 pages),
4. one photocopy of the official Ph.D. diploma,
5. transcripts of graduate studies (if applicants are applying for assistant professor positions) ,
6. contact information of three to five references for letters of recommendation,
7. one representative publication (published after 2008.5.31) for review and up to five selected publications (published after 2006.08.01) as reference,
8. a list of publication.
For more information, please visit our website (http://www.ce.ntu.edu.tw).