The Press Division of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) in New York is to promote better understanding between Taiwan and the United States in all aspects by keeping the American press, academic, political, and social leaders abreast of accurate and up-to-date information about Taiwan.
To achieve such a goal, the Press Division of TECO in New York does the following on a day-to-day basis:
- disseminates information on Taiwan's policies and accomplishments, with an emphasis on its democratic development, economic liberalization, social openness and cultural diversity.
- hosts or sponsors activities that will help enhance the American people's understanding of Taiwan and remind them of Taiwan's presence in the international community.
- maintains friendly ties with local and international media representatives stationed in the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut.
- prepares digests of US media reports about Taiwan and provides them to relevant Taiwan government agencies for reference.
- responds immediately to inaccurate media reports about Taiwan by demanding correction or providing clarification.
- promotes Taiwan's culture via publications, audio-visual materials and the Internet.
The Taiwan Resource Library
The Press Division of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New York is pleased to announce that its Taiwan Resource Library is now open to the public.
Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New York
1 East 42nd Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10017-6904
Tel: (212)557-5122 (between 9 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday)
Library service (by appointment)
Tel: (212) 317-7348
Tel: (212) 317-7343