VISA INFORMATION (download: Application Form)
Visa Requirements for the Republic of
1. UK passport holders are entitled to visa-free entry into Taiwan for a stay of up to 90 days, which can be extended for another 90 days by applying to the Bureau of Consular Affairs or its branch offices in Taiwan. For further information, please check "Notice for British Passport Holders Who Entered Taiwan Visa-Free and Are Applying for an Extension of Stay”.
2. Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands , New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia , Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, *U.K. and Vatican City State passport holders are entitled to visa-free entry into Taiwan for a stay of up to 90 days.
3. Austrlia, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Sigapore and U.S.A passport holders can stay for 30 day.
4.If visa waived passport holders are planning to work in
5. From other countries, Passport holders should apply for the appropriate visa in advance.
6. Nationals from the following countries must fulfill the packaged procedures：Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma/Myanmar, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ghana, India (Identity Certificate), Iran, Iraq, Laos, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka and Syria.
Visa Application information:
1. The Consular Section is open Monday to Friday, during the hours of 9.30am - 12.30pm.
2. If applying by post (postal applications are for British passport holders only), please send applications to: The Consular Section, Taipei Representative Office in the UK, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB. Please enclose a self-stamped and addressed envelope with enough postage for registered or recorded mail. We cannot accept responsibility for any postal delays which may affect the timely processing of your visa application and therefore strongly recommend that such applications be made in person.
3. This office usually needs one working day to issue a Visitor Visa upon receipt of the application.
4. Fees can be paid by cash or Company cheque, postal order, or banker's draft which should be payable to the “Taipei Representative Office in the
5. The office has the right to refuse applications for visas without providing any explanation for such decisions. Visa application fees is not refundable.
Download:Application Form (pdf)
Effective date: 1st December 2008