2011 Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Program
EMBASSY OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA (TAIWAN)
TaiwanICDF Scholarship Program 2011
The Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) is pleased to announce the offer of TaiwanICDF (International Cooperation and Development Fund) Scholarship Program at undergraduate or graduate level for qualified Belizeans. These scholarships are for enrollment at universities in Taiwan, commencing in September 2011. Programs offered include:
Scholarship recipients will be provided with a round trip airfare, housing, tuition fees, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs, and a monthly allowance which varies for different study programs. Applicants need fill out and submit two (2) different application forms: (1) Application for the TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and (2) University Application for intended program of study. For the TaiwanICDF Scholarship Application form, visit the link to the online application: "http://www.icdf.org.tw/TSP/Register.aspx". Please fill out the first page of the application form and print it out and sign it. For the university application and TaiwanICDF Medical Report forms for intended program of study, visit the link: http://www.taiwanembassy.org/BZ, go to “News and Activities”>”Press Release” to download all the documents. For further information on the programs: http://www.icdf.org.tw/ct.asp?xItem=5600&CtNode=30109&mp=2
Duration of Scholarships:
The award period varies for different study program as follow:
Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years.
Master program: maximum 2 years.
Doctor Program: maximum 3 years.
Eligibility Requirements: Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
1. Be Belizean citizens (Overseas Chinese and Taiwanese nationals are not eligible).
2. Is not current recipient of a scholarship or subsidy being offered by any other government agencies or educational institutions in Taiwan.
3. For undergraduate programs, must possess a senior or vocational high school diploma; for graduate programs, must possess an undergraduate or graduate degree relevant to the intended area of study.
4. Be in good mental and physical health.
5. Be under the age of 50.
Required Documents: (1 original + 1 copy)
A complete application includes the following materials:
· Completed TaiwanICDF Scholarship Application Form
· Completed application forms for the intended program of study.
· TaiwanICDF Medical Report within 3 months, including a HIV test (see the requirements of respective University).
· Photocopy of the highest-level diploma certified by the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs in Belmopan.
· Original complete grade transcripts duly certified by the Ministries of Education and Foreign Affairs in Belmopan.
· Study and research plan.
· Three (3) letters of recommendation
· Autobiography and resume
· Copy of passport
All required documents must be completed electronically or in typewritten format and submitted in DUPLICATE in a 10" X 13" sized envelope specifying intended program of study, no later than the deadline date specified for each program above, to Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan), #20 North Park Street, Belize City. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
For further information please contact Mr. John Chang, Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan), #20 North Park Street, Belize City. Tel: 227-8744, 223-1862 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.