Taiwan – Ireland Working Holiday Programme
Taiwan has been incorporated into Ireland’s Working Holiday Programme, with the aims of promoting people-to-people exchanges; encouraging and enhancing the interaction between Taiwanese and Irish youth; and increasing mutual understanding between the two countries. The primary focus of the programme is to facilitate holiday visits, but participants may supplement their funds through incidental employment and may also engage in English study, thereby heightening and enriching their experience of a foreign culture.
I. Qualification Requirements:
Applicants who have met the following qualifications may apply for a Working Holiday Visa to Taiwan. They must
(1) hold Irish citizenship and reside in Ireland at the time of application;
(2) have not previously obtained an ROC (Taiwan) Working Holiday Visa;
(3) be between the ages of 18 and 30, both inclusive, at the time of application;
(4) not be planning to be accompanied by dependents, unless those dependants are also in possession of a working holiday visa;
(5) not have a criminal record; and
(6) have submitted all required documents.
II. Documentation Requirements:
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit the following documentation:
(1) A Passport valid for at least six months after the proposed end date of visit;
(2) ROC (Taiwan) Visa Application Form for the Working Holiday Programme duly completed and signed by the applicant; (Online Application Form: https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw)
(3) Two color passport-size photos taken within the last six months;
(4) Proof of full medical and hospitalization travel health insurance for the duration of their stay in Taiwan;
(5) Proof of
i. possession of a valid return or onward flight ticket from Taiwan and sufficient funds of at least €2500.00 to cover living expenses; ※ Please provide a tentative travel itinerary with specified arrival date in Taiwan, a photocopy of your return airline ticket and the relevant traveler’s checks or bank statement(s);
ii. possession of sufficient funds of at least €4000.00 to cover living expenses and the purchase of a flight ticket to depart Taiwan ※ Please provide a tentative travel itinerary with specified arrival date in Taiwan and the relevant traveler’s checks or bank statement(s);
(6) Visa fee of 74 Euro per person. ※Payment is ONLY accepted by Postal Order or Bank Draft, which must be made payable to "Taipei Representative Office in Ireland ". Personal cheques and cash will NOT be accepted.
※ Applications will be accepted only if the above requirements are duly met. Additional documents may be required for further review.
III . Application Procedures:
(1) Applicants should complete the ROC (Taiwan) Visa Application Form, available from https://visawebapp.boca.gov.tw. Applications must in all cases be signed by the applicant. Applications submitted by anyone other than the applicant will not be accepted.
(2) The completed form must then be submitted to the Taipei Representative Office in Ireland.
(3) Applications shall be made in person. Please make an appointment in advance.
Application Times: 9:30AM to 12:30PM and 2:00 to 5:00PM on weekdays.
Office Address: Taipei Representative Office in Ireland, 8 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2
Where an application is unsuccessful, the fees paid shall be deemed non-refundable.
(1) Validity of Working Holiday Visa
The visa is valid for a period of 12 months and for multiple entries. Visa holders may enter Taiwan from the date of issue until the date of expiry of the visa
(2) Duration of Stay
The initial duration of stay shall be 180 days. No later than 15 days before expiry, an extension of up to an additional 180 days can be applied for at the National Immigration Agency service centers in the city or county of residence in Taiwan. No further extensions or changes to visa type will be permitted thereafter.
(3) Participants may work legally without the need to apply for a work permit during their stay in Taiwan. However, visa holders are not permitted to engage in permanent employment. Participants can take any training programs or courses in Taiwan provided that they last no longer than 6 months.
(4) There are 400 places available for 2013. Once the quota has been filled, the programme will be deemed closed and no further applications will be accepted. All affected applicants will be duly informed.