- Overseas compatriot association liaison guidance and services
- Assist overseas compatriot associations to arrange international annual conference for international compatriot association.
- Select staff from the overseas compatriot association to attend the overseas compatriot related seminar.
- Assist overseas compatriot associations to arrange celebrations for various festivals and local activities.
- Cooperate with overseas compatriot associations to arrange charitable activities.
- Associate the overseas compatriot associations to arrange celebration of Taiwan’s National Day (on October 10)
- Reinforce the function of the overseas compatriot volunteers to expand overseas compatriot assignment.
- Contact Honorary Overseas Compatriot Affairs Officers to attend the conference by zone.
- Connect alternative local association personages to push the diplomatic relations.
- Connect powers from overseas compatriot associations to push Taiwan to join international organization.
- Promote Chinese language education:
- Provide quality teaching materials to private Thai-Chinese school.
- Assist in editing and publishing the new edition Chinese textbook for Thailand.
- Associate the resources from private sectors to populate Chinese teaching at North Thailand.
- Provide the professional training for Chinese teachers in order to increase the ability on teaching.
- Encourage retired senior Taiwanese teachers come to teach Chinese in Thailand.
- Arrange activities on Teacher’s Day and process Outstanding Overseas Chinese Teacher’s Award.
- Encourage ethic Chinese youths return to Taiwan to join the Chinese language classes and the study tours.
- Encourage local teachers to editing and publishing Chinese textbooks for local Chinese schools’ requirement.
- Dispatch cultural and artistic teachers to teaching traditional cultural arts for students.
- Assist overseas compatriot associations to arrange cultural, artistic and athletic activities.
- Encourage Chinese students return to Taiwan for future study as the reserve staff in the overseas compatriot associations.
- Connect Taiwanese school alumni in order to hold the connections between the alumni and the government.
- Process the apply procedures of Overseas Youth Vacation Training School.
- Invite the editors of the local Chinese newspapers to visit Taiwan.
- Promote the “Macroview Weekly” and “Macroview TV” to overseas compatriots in Thailand.
- Provide teaching materials which published by Chung Hwa Correspondence School.
- Economic and trade guidance to overseas Taiwanese business:
- Assist overseas compatriot or Taiwanese business associations to arrange exhibitions and seminars.
- Process seminars to promote the advantages for investing in Taiwan.
- Invite overseas compatriots or Taiwanese who are in the field of high technology business to visit Taiwan
- Provide low-interest rate loan for overseas compatriots or Taiwanese who have the intention to invest in Taiwan.
- Select overseas compatriot candidates to attend the various training programs at Taiwan
- Assist overseas compatriot or Taiwanese business associations to arrange the seminars for improve the business situations and management skills.
- Invite overseas compatriot or Taiwanese business associations’ presidents to attend the Seminar for Presidents of Global Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce
Overseas Compatriot Division, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand
(Culture Center of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand)
Tel: 66-2-6701789 Fax: 66-2-6701790